Another Happy New Year to You

Happy New Year.

Chinese’s new year that is.

The year of the dragon.

The dragon is a symbol of good fortune and intense power.

So what does that mean, for all of us?

I guess time will tell, huh?

Anyway, I spent most of Saturday, going over one chapter.

Yeah, you read that right.

One. Frickin’. Chapter.

How sad is that?

*raises hand in a halting gesture*

Don’t answer that. :)

Although, I did get through another chapter afterwards, but still . . .

Sometimes I drive myself crazy because I’m such a perfectionist when it comes to my work. But I know in the long run, it’ll be worth it. At least, I hope so. There’s always that looming fear of failure though. However, I like to be a doer instead of a talker, if ya know what I mean. And if we aren’t in danger of failing, then we’re not growing, right?

My critique partner told me the other day her agent had told her the interest in paranormal books will soon be gone. I also had heard the same thing from another agent. But the thing is, how do they know? And it’s kind of hard for me to believe (not because my books are YA paranormal books) because there are paranormal shows on TV (Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, Supernatural, True Blood, etc.) that are extremely popular. Not to mention, the movie industry is still pumping out paranormal/supernatural movies. So I don’t get why some agents feel that way. The only reason I can think of is because The Hunger Games movie is coming out, which might propel people to buy more dystopian books and in turn, would jet those types of books into super popularity.

I don’t know.

I love The Hunger Games book and can’t wait for the movie to come out, and if dystopia books do become the ‘in’ thing for a while, then so be it. And honestly, I wouldn’t mind reading more of them. But I have to say, it’s still hard for me to believe that people will stop buying paranormal books. And again, I’m not just saying that because I have a three-book series I’ll be publishing.

I’m sure there are people who are tired of vampires, werewolves, and zombies. But if a story is able to grab the reader by the face and pull them into the story. . . . Well, you got yourself a damn good book, regardless if it’s the ‘in’ thing or not, right?

I’ll admit, I am kind of concern about the whole paranormal books dying off, even though I find it hard to believe.

But you know what?

I love, love, love, Beyond the Eyes, Dark Spirits, and the writing-in-progress third book to my series, The Devil’s Third.

I’m excited and petrified to share my books with the world, and I hope whoever reads them, will love the characters and story as much as I do.

Now, I should get back to work because there’s still A LOT to do. Not to mention, I have things to do outside of this wonderful writing bubble I’m in.

Have a wonderful Monday. :)

0 comments: