Dark Frame of Mind

I heard from my editor the other day, and he is so ready to read and edit my next book in this series, however, I need to do the second round of revisions before I send it to him. There is something missing, though, and I haven’t quite pinpointed it yet.

This next book, Dark Spirits, is much darker than the first book, therefore, I have to get into a dark frame of mind before I start this next round of revisions. I’ve read that Stephen King listens to Metallica when he writes. I don’t know if it’s true, but if he does, I can see why. I mean, checkout this verse in Metallica’s song Enter Sandman, which by the way is a kick ass song:

Hush little baby, don’t say a word.
And never mind that noise you heard.
It’s just the beast under your bed.
In your closet, in your head.

I started reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, which is a good book so far. I’m thinking though, I should be reading something much darker, to get me into that mind set. I was talking to my Goodread’s buddy about Anne Rice’s Vampire chronicles (Interview With The Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Queen of The Damned, etc.). I told her she needs to read it because they’re awesome.

The reason why I’m bringing this up is because I should probably be reading those vampire chronicles, instead of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, because they’re much darker than that book. But I started this book, so I’ll finish it.

I’ll find another way to get into the mood I need to do my revisions . . .

I know. I’ll watch clips like these, from the movie Interview With the Vampire and The Queen of The Damned.
 

 



 
Yeah, I know these are vampire scenes and my series has nothing to do with vampires, but this will work. It also helps that it’s cloudy, rainy, and cool out today.

So here we go.

*rubs hands together and sits up straight*

Let’s do this!

0 comments: