A Little Rant on the Side–Please.

11/03/2011 , , 0 Comments

Why is it that some people don’t keep their word?

Example: During the summer, my town was hit by a tornado, and my roof got damaged. The roofing guy was supposed to have put a new roof on our house over a month ago, and we’re still waiting.

WTF.

I realize he’s been busy, but if you say you’re going to do something at a certain time/day, then you should stick to it. I also realize that sometimes something unexpected comes up, and I totally understand that. However, that person should at least call the other person to let them know what’s going on. Don’t ya think?

Kevin found out yesterday the guy, who is fixing our roof, had taken on three more roofing jobs, after he had agreed to do ours. And get this. He already did their roofs, and we’re still waiting.

Again–WTF.

I had called him two weeks ago to find out what was going on, and he told me our roof would get done the following week. Yeah right. Not only was he a no show, he didn’t even give us a courtesy call to inform us on what was going on. Anyway, Kevin called him a couple days ago, and now they’re supposed to start on our roof this afternoon. So hopefully they do.

Sorry about the rant, but it annoys me because it’s supposed to snow (hopefully not) this Sunday, and our roof should have been done a while ago.

*Deep calming, breathes*

Okay. I’m fine. Really.

Now, on to a lighter topic. . . .

On Halloween, Kevin did play some freaky ass music with his guitar and wah, wah, pedal. It was cool, and he did scare some kids. I wanted him to play ‘War Pigs’ by Black Sabbath, but he wouldn’t. I was like, ‘Aw, you’re no fun.’

Yeah, I’m the ornery one in the relationship, as you can tell. I get that from my dad. Oh, and I’m the youngest child too. I think if you’re the youngest child in the family, you’re more apt to be ornery. At least, that’s my theory. Kevin can be ornery though, but more so with me than anything else.

I started on revising, ‘Dark Spirits’ but I know after I’m finished with it, I’ll probably go over it again in a month or so. I wonder how many times writers revise their books. I know with, ‘Beyond the Eyes’ I revised it a lot, and now I’m finally satisfied with it.

I’m such a hyper critical freak when it comes to my writing. I think that’s why, revising ‘Dark Spirits’ seems to be going at a painfully slow pace. I’m also anxious to start my third book in the series. Ideas for that book have been marinating in my mind for a while now, and I can’t wait to start writing it all out to see what becomes of it.

But, first I need to finish revising, ‘Dark Spirits’ so I better get on it right now. :)

0 comments: