This Video and Song Reminds Me of A Scene From My Book

11/04/2011 , 0 Comments

This video and song, reminds me of a scene in my ‘Beyond the Eyes’ book. It’s in chapter five when Paige wants to forget about her life for a while, so she goes to a bar that allows teenagers in. You see, seventeen-year-old Paige has been receiving cryptic premonitions from a phantom voice since she was four, and after she receives a cryptic death message about herself, bizarre things begin to happen to her. Her life takes on a Twilight Zonish perplexity that her logical mind can’t solve. It’s bad enough she’s had to hide these premonitions for years, feigning normalcy, but now she doesn’t know what the hell is going on and has nobody to turn to. But then she meets Nathan–an enigmatic young man she’s drawn to. Nathan has the answers, but he won’t tell her, so she breaks up with him. Confused, heartbroken, and missing Nathan, Paige decides to go to a bar on the outskirts of town, not caring how dangerous it can be.

Anyway, every time I see this video and hear the song, I think of that scene.



Oh, guess what? The guy that was suppose to fix my roof yesterday, was a no show–again. However, he did call this time (five hours later) and said they’d start on it today. He couldn’t give me a definite time though. *rolls eyes* So if they don’t show up today, then that’s it. Monday I’ll ask for our deposit back and find somebody who is more reliable. But the good news is that the weather forecast has changed and it’s not going to snow this weekend. YAY!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

0 comments: