Mindless Post?

Okay, here’s the post I was telling you about in the last post.

Can you believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday? I can’t. It’s going too quick. And then after you blink, it’ll be Christmas. Not really, but that’s what it seems like, huh?

Crazy.

I don’t even know what we’re going to do for Christmas.

Our Christmas tree got ruined in the basement a couple years ago when the sewer backed up.

Yeah, it was nasty.

I’d never own a house with a basement before, or thought of something like that happening, so it was definitely an experience I never want to relive again. But really, it wasn’t too bad. I mean, yeah, like I said, it was nasty, but there wasn’t a lot of it. We learned from that unfortunate occurrence to have a plumber come once a year to clean out our pipe lines so there are no tree roots obstructing the flow of things, like crap. LOL. So last year we didn’t put up a tree, but this year I told Kevin we should get a live Christmas tree, but a small one, like 3 feet. I’ve never had a live one before. I wonder though, if it’s going to be a pain-in-the-ass because of it shedding pine needles.

Hmmmm. *scratches head while thinking, then shrugs*

Oh well. It’s worth finding out, and I think it’ll be fun picking a live tree out, and then planting it in our yard (hopefully).

So the roofers are halfway done with our roof, but honestly, they should have been done a long time ago. I mean, seriously, they’ll be here all day one day, and then the next day they won’t show up.

No phone call.

No nothing.

In fact, I had to call him last Tuesday morning because he bailed on us for 2 days without a word on when he’d be back. He told me he wasn’t here on Monday because he thought it was going to rain, which I can totally understand, but dude, call me if you’re not going to be here. I can’t wait until this is done and over with. I hate stuff like this looming over my head. But I do have to say, even though this roofer isn’t as reliable as he should be, he’s doing a great job. We chose a brown roof, and so far, it looks fabulous. It’s like a facelift for our house. :)

Right now, I’m working on my third chapter to my third book, and would have had it done over the weekend, but spent it mostly reading and with Kevin instead. I think it’s always important to take some time away from your writing (a day or two) and enjoy life in other ways. Kevin once told me if I started holding conversations with the cat (Church) he would be worried about me and my mental state. LOL. Of course he was kidding, but I understood his underlying point–if I do nothing but sit in front of the computer and stay holed-up in this room for days at a time, I may go nuts. So if I ever write a post that’s nonsensical and bizarre, then you’ll know I haven’t gotten any fresh air and went off the rocker. :)

0 comments: