Another Task Accomplished

4/13/2012 , , 0 Comments

My editor is done with my edits.

Yay!

He told me the ending was terrific, and I have a book many will identify with and love to read.

Isn’t that cool?

I was doing a happy, Snoopy dance after I read his comments.

When I told Kevin, he smiled and asked, "So what does that tell ya?"

I shrugged. "Um, that he likes my story."

He rolled his eyes. "It’s a damn good story, and he thinks it’ll do well."

I looked away, feeling my stomach roll with nerves.
"Maybe," I finally said. "But I won’t know for sure until it’s published and other people read it."

Kevin frowned and shook his head.

It’s true though.

I tell myself I love my story and it shouldn’t matter what other people think. But honestly, it does matter to me. I want the people who read my book(s) to have that pocket of time where the world around them fades away. Nothing exists except for Paige’s (main character) world.

Yeah, my goal is to be able to make enough money off my books so I can stay home and write more stories. But another goal I have, is for the reader to get lost into the world I create and to be entertained.

They deserve that.

You deserve that.

We all deserve that–to get a break from this world and to just unplug for a while.

When I know a majority of the people who have read my book(s) were able to do that, then I know I’ve done my job. Then I’ll be a happy camper.

Since my edits are done, I started reading my book, just to make sure I’m satisfied before I get it copyrighted. Of course, I’m nervous about the first three chapters, wondering if they’re captivating enough. However, I’ve heard other writers have experienced those same doubts.

I remember reading in Stephen King’s book about writing, his own apprehension with his stories. He said this one time he had his wife read one of them, and when he was anxiously waiting to see if she liked it, she looked at him and said something like, "Quit being so damn insecure." I thought what she said was funny, but it’s refreshing to know even Mr. King gets nervous about his work, probably wondering if people will like it.

Anyway, I’ve been so busy this week, I haven’t been able to write out a marketing plan like I wanted to, which sucks. I have been writing some ideas down, so at least that’s something, right? Hopefully I’ll be able to work on it some more this weekend and finish reading my book. :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Have a good weekend.

Talk to ya on Monday.

*waves good-bye*

0 comments: