Getting Closer to Publishing My Book

4/09/2012 , 2 Comments

I just wanted to let you guys know I’m guest posting on this blog http://www.srjohannes.com/ today, so hop over there and check it out.

Sorry. I don’t mean to sound bossy.

*grins*

The post is on book trailers.

Shelli was kind enough to invite me on her blog to do that post. She’s also a young adult author and a brilliant marketer. I haven’t read her books yet, but I’m sure they’re just as wonderful as she is.

My editor should be done with editing my book this week, and then I need to read it a couple times before I copyright it. After that, I need to get it formatted and get together with my wonderful and talent cover artist (Stephanie Bibb) so she can finish the back cover. Then I need to figure out how Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Createspace, etc. works.

Once I figure all this out, I’ll do a post on it and write the steps I took to put it all together.

I also need to start marketing this book.

I think I’ll work on a marketing plan this week. I already have some ideas written down, so I’m a little ahead of the game.

Last weekend, when I posted the cover and blurb to, Beyond the Eyes on Facebook, my heart was racing and I was shaking so badly. I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack. LOL.

I can’t imagine how my body is going to react when this book goes live.

I’m aware I’ll have not-so-nice comments regarding this book.

Not because it sucks.

I mean, I don’t think it sucks, nor do the people who have already read it. However, every artist who has introduced their work to the world has had bad reviews. So I know it’s inevitable it’ll happen to me as well, and I can't please everyone, right?

It’s scary though, because I’m an introvert, so I’m going to have to crawl out of my shell to launch this series.

But it’s totally worth it.

Not that I haven’t already said this like a million times, but I love this series so much that I’m willing to step out onto the battlefield for it.

Well, it’s already Monday, and I must be off to work.

I hope you had a great Easter weekend.

We had our T-bone steaks and it was oh-so-yummy. I got through my edits and finished chapter nineteen to The Devil’s Third. I also had to do something I should have done when I started writing this series, but didn’t do: Write out the rules to the paranormal world. So I spent a few hours doing that.

Anyway, I hope you have a good Monday and week.

Talk to ya on Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Rebekkah! Thanks for sharing your post on Shelli's blog. It is such a huge help to me!

    Good luck with your marketing plans and your next steps in getting your book published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jami. I'm glad I was able to help you. :)

      Delete