Book Trailer Diary

5/11/2012 0 Comments

Monday May 7, 2012

Dear Diary,

I was working on my book trailer tonight and the pictures I saved are too small for the Movie Maker screen. I tried to figure out what size they need to be in by searching the web for answers. I didn't find a clear answer to my simple problem. I even joined a forum strictly for Movie Maker questions and haven't received a confirmation email. What the hell? And then I downloaded three different programs to help me resize my photos. They turned out to be bogus, so I had to uninstall them. What a pain. The only thing I have on my computer to help me resize my pictures is Paint Net. I messed around with it for a while, however, my pictures still don't fill the Movie Maker screen like I want it to. I'm so frustrated. I know if I can get my pictures right, I'll be able to figure the rest out.  But now it's getting late, and I have to go to bed. This totally sucks ass. Stupid computer.  Tomorrow night I'll mess around with resizing my pictures again and see if I can get it right.

Tuesday May 8, 2012

Dear Diary,

I just finished resizing all my photos and now I have to see if they're the right size in the Movie Maker screen. I hope so because that forum I joined still hasn't confirmed my account. I went to 'Alsolute Write' (my writing forum) and did a thread on my problem, so hopefully somebody can help me there. But then again, maybe I already figured it out myself.  I'll go check it out right now and let you know.

Wednesday May 9, 2012

Dear Diary,

Last night I transferred the pictures I'm going to use onto the story board. I don't think I'll know if the picture sizes are the right scale for the Movie Maker screen until I can email it to myself and see it, but they do look right. I found a few more pictures I need to resize because I might want to use them as well.

I downloaded the musical piece I want to use, but then ran into some problems. (Big sigh). Sometimes it feels like it'll never end.

I downloaded a program 'thinking' it would help me download my music. Well, that's what I get for thinking. The program was totally not what I thought it was. Therefore, I had to uninstall it. What a pain-in-the-ass. It kept asking me why I wanted to uninstall it. Who gives a flying flip? Just uninstall the damn program all ready! Once that was taken care of, I managed to figure it out, and my downloaded music is now in my Movie Maker program. YAY! I was so happy. But then afterwards, I couldn't figure out how to get the music to play while the pictures were going. I felt like screaming. I didn't though. Instead, I figured it out.

Today, I've been searching for another musical piece I can add to the end of the one I already have. If there's still time left tonight, I want to go to YouTube and watch a video on the next step I need to do with the Movie Maker. I also want to watch some more book trailers.

Well, that's it for now. I have laundry I need to fold and other mundane stuff before I can work some more on my book trailer.

Thursday May 10, 2012

Dear Diary,

Last night I resized those three pictures and uploaded them to the Movie Maker program. I also went to YouTube and watched some videos on how to put my movie together. It's pretty simple really, and I'm almost ready to make my practice book trailer. All I need to do is blend two musical pieces, write a compelling summary of my book, put it on the pictures, and do the special effects. Then I'll see if it'll yank any emotions out of me. I'm looking forward to seeing the end results.

Today, I wasn't able to work on my book trailer like I wanted to. I was too busy with other stuff. Not to mention, my shows were on tonight (The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle). I make myself take two hours out of the week, away from everything, and decompress. My other favorite show is 'Supernatural.' Sadly enough, though, I've missed this whole season.

Oooops. Sorry. I'm getting off track. But anyway, I'll spend this weekend working on a practice book trailer, then I'll do the one for my book. Hopefully I'll have it done by Monday.

Friday May 11, 2012

Dear Diary,

It's Friday morning and this damn Blogger system won't let me post these diary entries. I don't know if  it's because I wrote it in cursive or what? But I'm sooooooo annoyed. The computer at my work has been acting goofy too. I just don't think I have the patience or temperment for this. . .

Anyways, I'm sooooo glad it's Friday. Between the challenges I have at work, trying to keep up with things on the home front, and all the stuff I need to do to launch my book. . . Let's just say, so far this year has been highly challenging, overwhelming, tiring, exciting, productive, and scary. And this year isn't halfway over yet. Almost. But not yet. It makes me wonder what the next half is going to be like.

Well, I guess I should go to work. Maybe tonight I'll be able to work on my book trailer. I know I can to it. Like I said earlier--I think it's pretty simple to do, I just have to play around with it. But the thing is, will I like it? I'm anxious to find out. Can't wait. :)

0 comments: