Proof Copy

6/21/2012 0 Comments

I received my proof copy the other day.

YAY!

I was so scared the cover wouldn’t come out right because I was told the cover contained transparencies and was flattened during their processing.

So, yeah, I was really nervous about it.

I’ve been dealing with so many roadblocks lately, and for once I wanted something to go right.

On Tuesday, when I opened my door to the porch to check the mail, there was a brown, book-sized box, leaning against the wall beside the door. I sucked in a sharp breath and reached down and snatched it. I was on my lunch break, and Kevin had just left to go back to work so I wasn’t able to share the "moment" with him. As I was walking through the house, heart pounding, I ripped the box open, ignoring Church’s demanding meow to let him in the basement. I pulled my book out, tossed the box aside on the kitchen counter and stared at it.

The angels from above were singing.

Aaaaaaaaaah!

Just kidding. :)

The cover looks awesome!

I took a picture of it to share with you guys, however, it was at night when I did which caused a horrible glare in the center of the cover. So when I get the right lighting, I'll try again and post it.

Anyway, my paperback book should be available to the public within 7-10 days. I just ordered 20 books for myself, to give to relatives, friends, and for promotional reasons.

Speaking of promotional, I’ve been doing everything I can to promote this book, and I’m starting to get discouraged. I have two more people who might review my book, however, it all depends upon their schedule and work load. I’ve contacted quite a few bloggers who review books, and so far, I haven’t heard anything from them.

I need more reviews.

If anybody who is reading this would be interested in reading and reviewing, Beyond the Eyes, please let me know. I’ll send you a free Kindle or ebook version so you can read it.

I am still getting people personally contacting me, just to let me know how much they loved this book and can’t wait to read, Dark Spirits, which is awesome. Now if only I can somehow let the world know about this book, I’d feel a lot better about everything . . .

Well, it’s about that time. I must be off to work. Have a good day you guys, and thanks for stopping by. :)

0 comments: