Book Review on Endlessly by Kiersten White

This is what it says inside the cover of Endlessly:  
  
Evie’s paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie’s hands.

So much for normal.

I give this book 2 Stars **

Before I go into this review, I just want to say I respect every single author out there. The reason why is because so many people say they’re going to write a book and never do. Also, it takes a lot of hard work, persistence, and determination to complete a novel. I know because I’m an author myself. So even if a book sucks ass or is the greatest thing since peanut butter and chocolate, I still admire the writer, regardless if they’ve written a good or bad story.

Now with that being said, I’m going to point out the things I liked about this third and final book in this trilogy, then I’ll air out my grievances.

Paranormalcy is the first novel in this series. I really enjoyed it. I think Kiersten White is brilliant coming up with this concept–a teenage girl, who works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, can see through glamours, and humans working with and manipulating the Faerie realm in order to keep our world safe from paranormals–is totally thinking outside the box and nothing I’ve ever read before.

Supernaturally is the second one. I also enjoyed it as well and couldn’t wait to read Endlessly.

What I like most about Endlessly is Reth. He’s the beautiful Faerie . . . well, actually, all faeries are gorgeous. But he loves Evie and helps her out a lot. Sure he tricks her, but I think he has a valid reason. Then he gets sick, and we get to see that Reth can be vulnerable too.

I also like how Kiersten gets Arianna and Vivian involved in this tale and what she does with them in the end. It’s believable and the scenes they’re in add to the plot. They help propel the story and is a definite asset to it.

Jack is in this third book, and I have to say, I do like him. I don’t trust him, but he’s not a boring character, and you never know what might come out of his mouth or is up his sleeve. I’m glad Kiersten didn’t dispose of his character because he made me curious enough to wonder if he’s being genuine or not.

Oh. The faerie realm is really cool. I always enjoy reading about it.

Okay, now for what I didn’t like about Endlessly . . .

I really couldn't get into the story, and it took me a while to finish it because of how predictable it was. It seemed like this final installment in the series was rushed. There was no flavor, no color, no . . .



Evie basically only thinks about herself and what she wants. Also, her character hasn’t grown much, which is important to show in a series. And Lend . . .

I really liked Lend in the other two books, but in this one he’s 2 dimensional. I didn’t connect with him or Evie. Also, the spell Lend is put under is kinda lame.

Then there’s Evie’s good friend Carlee. I don’t want to do spoil it for those of you who haven’t read this book yet, so all I’ll say is . . . really?

Would you be nonchalant about the situation Carlee found herself in?

Ahhh, no.

At least, not right away.

You’d be asking some hard hitting questions about it if you were in her shoes. But when Kiersten wrote that scene, she didn’t take the time to have Carlee adjust to her situation or even had her ask Evie about what the hell was going on. That’s one of the reasons why I think this final story was written in a rush.

Anyway, I did like how it ended with the gate and what happened with Arianna, Vivian, and Reth. Kiersten did well with that. And although I’m disappointed in this book, I am looking forward to reading Kiersten White’s new novel coming out called Mind Games.

I suggest that if you have already read the first two books in this series to go ahead and read this one as well. I mean, just because I didn’t care for it, doesn’t mean you’ll feel the same way. Besides, don’t you want to know how it ends?
 
 

0 comments: