Interview With YA Author Felicia Tatum

12/03/2012 , , 0 Comments

Author Felicia Tatum is here today to talk about her YA book ‘The White Aura.’ I’m happy to have her here, and I’m looking forward to reading her book.
Hi, Felicia. Thanks for stopping by. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Heya, Rebekkah! Let’s see…I’m 25 and a single mommy to a 4 year old girl and a cat. I love reading, writing, and cooking. Not all at the same time though, I’d burn the house down. I dance while I drive. I’m a really random person, if you can’t tell. Did I mention I love writing? J

Tell us about your debut novel ‘The White Aura’ and how you came up with the concept for this book.

Here is the info about the book: How do you live with the gut clenching truth that the one you love will die if you meet them? Twenty year old sorcerer Scott Tabors is learning how. After seeing seventeen year old Olivia Whitehead outside of a coffee shop, his heart will never be the same. He longs for her, he wants her, and he knows she will be his. They are heart mates. …but due to a curse on his family, he can’t meet her. Not yet. So for now, he visits her in her dreams. Her dreams where he can tell her everything but his name.

Olivia Whitehead is a typical junior in high school. She and her best friend are having the time of their lives, but she can’t help but notice the changes happening to her. Especially the changes in her heart after she begins dreaming about a mysterious dark haired young man. But what will happen when the school heartthrob decides he wants Olivia? Will she realize the dream man is real or will she move on?


The idea came to me after two months of me dreaming I became an author. I didn’t know the book or any information, just that I was an author. So I started writing…another story. That night, I dreamed of this one and the words just flowed after that.



Did you do an outline of this story before you wrote it?

Nope. I didn’t know anything about writing a novel and had no clue people even outlined at that point.

What character do you identify the most with?

I think I’m most like Olivia, one of my main characters. She’s really insecure about herself at times, which is so me, and she’s in the process of finding herself. I’m still finding myself, so I can realllllly relate to that. Luckily, writing helps me. I can’t tell you what ends up helping her ;)

Who is your favorite character in this book and why?

Sadie! She is so sassy and I love it. She’s blunt and loves to put everyone in their place. She’s a bit like me, too.

Do you have plans to write another book after this series?

Oh, yes! I literally dream up my book ideas. I’ve got a notebook full of dreams I’ve had that are going to be wonderful books.

What is your writing schedule like?

Lately, it’s been crazy. I never have enough time to write. But I try to do writing and related things Friday-Sunday, and worry about my grad school classes Monday-Thursday. When classes end, I hope to write A LOT.

Do you ever get writer’s block? If so, what do you do to overcome it?

I actually haven’t experienced this yet…fingers crossed I don’t.

When is your next book in this series coming out? Do you have a title for it yet?

I’m aiming for early spring, but I make no promises. I have a maybe title in my head, but I’m not ready to release it yet. The White Aura actually came to me about half way through writing, so I want to wait and make sure this one is right.

If you can give any advice to an aspiring writer, what would it be?

Read, research, write. Connect with other authors, they have much to teach you.

Before we end this interview, is there anything you’d like to tell your readers?

If I have any readers, I just want to say, THANK YOU! I seriously appreciate it if you’ve taken time out of your life, schedule, and time to read words that I’ve written. I truly hope you enjoyed it and know that it makes me smile. And hey, connect with me! I love talking to people who enjoy reading.


Thank you Felicia for stopping by. I enjoyed chatting with you, and I’m looking forward to reading your book.

Thank you for having me! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did J And I hope you enjoy The White Aura!



Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/The-White-Aura-Felicia-Tatum/dp/1481023012/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354326126&sr=8-1&keywords=the+white+aura+felicia+tatum
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AFP3AXO
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/260220
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-white-aura-felicia-tatum/1113871339?ean=2940015808216



0 comments: