The End of Chapter 2012

12/31/2012 0 Comments

2012 is just about done, the end of another chapter. Tomorrow we’ll be starting chapter 2013. Too bad we can’t skim through it to see what’s going to happen. :)

2012 was a year of growth and education for me, which makes me wonder what 2013 has in store. Here are some of the things that happened to me in 2012:

1.) I got my editor, and he’s awesome. I’m grateful to have him in my life.

2.) I got a day job. I had taken over a year off to write, but then felt bad because Kevin was working and I wasn’t. Besides, I figured the extra income would help us out a lot and allow us to reach our future goals faster. I was right, and I have one of the best jobs in town for a girl–I think.

3.) I learned how to publish my book.

4.) I got a wonderful cover artist who is now doing the cover to Dark Spirits. She’s great.

5.) I learned how to do a book trailer, and despite being illiterate in technology, I did it. Yay, me.

6.) I learned a lot about the mechanics in publishing, which includes ISBN, copyrighting, etc.

7.) I published Beyond the Eyes.

8.) I faced some of my fears, which is a BIG one. The following are the fears I had to face.

     A.) Nobody liking my book and getting nothing but bad reviews.

     B.) Doing a podcast. I was so scared about being interviewed on internet radio, but come to find out we had the highest rating, outranking their affiliates that same night. Not bad for my first time doing something like that.

     C.) Doing a book signing. I was so scared nobody would show up, but they did!

     D.) Doing a TV interview. Ohmygod! I was scared to death! The day before the interview, I found out I had pneumonia, but I did it anyway. :)

9.) I joined Goodreads, which I love. I also joined Pinterest, Twitter, and finally created an author page on Facebook. I joined other sites as well, but those are the main ones.

10.) I met and became friends with some awesome authors. They’re all great!

11.) I’ve learned, and I’m still learning this whole marketing thing. However, things are clicking, and I think by the end of 2013, I’ll have a formula down that will work. If so, I’ll share it with you guys. :)

There are other things, but those are the ones I can recall at the moment. I think 2013 could be an interesting chapter. Dark Spirits will be published in February (hopefully), and I’m aiming to publish The Devil’s Third at the end of 2013. I still have a lot to learn, but that’s okay. That’s one of the main reasons why we’re here, right? To learn and grow.

I hope you guys have a safe and Happy New Year! :)

0 comments: