Book Review-The White Aura by Felicia Tatum

1/04/2013 2 Comments

I would say The White Aura is a YA urban fantasy novel.
The White Aura

I give this book 5 Stars *****


I love the cover and title of this book. Felicia’s cover artist did an awesome job. I had wondered why Felicia would call her debut book The White Aura, but when I read it I discovered why, and it was perfect.

The White Aura is written in two POV (points-of-views)–the main character Olivia Whitehead and her love interest, Scott Tabors.

The reason why I gave this book five stars is because of the story. For me as a reader, I want a good tale. I don’t care if the book is written by a famous author or not. If the story isn’t good, then it’s a deal breaker for me. Even if the writing is superb. Well, The White Aura floats my boat as my mom would say. Felicia came up with a good idea, and I’m glad she decided to share it with the world.

Seventeen-year-old Olivia Whitehead is just an average teen. She likes to hangout with her best friend Juniper, have sleepovers, do makeovers, go shopping and giggles about stupid stuff. But Olivia has a secret–she’s been having dreams about a hot guy she calls Mr. Sexy. The dreams are so realistic, she begins to wonder if this guy is for real or if she’s losing her marbles.

And then there’s Aiden. He’s a jock at her school and so gorgeous that every girl wants to date him. At the beginning of this story Olivia can’t stand him, even though Aiden shows some interest in her. Eventually, though, Aiden wins her over, and she can’t deny how attracted she is toward him.

Scott Tabors is Mr. Sexy. He’s a sorcerer who has many powers and one of them is dream walking, which he uses to spend time with Olivia while she’s asleep.

Now you’d think that would be creepy, right? Some magical dude invading your dreams. Well, it doesn’t hurt that he’s hot and Olivia is his heart mate–somebody he’s suppose to be with for the rest of his life.

Scott wants to meet Olivia in person, but there’s a curse on his family. If Olivia falls in love with him before she turns eighteen, she’ll die. So he visits Olivia in her slumber and tries to patiently wait for the day when he can be with her during their waking hours.

Things start progressing when an evil and powerful sorcerer sets his sights on Olivia. He wants to claim her as his own and will stop at nothing to possess her.

Something is happening to Olivia. She’s changing, and she doesn’t know what the hell is wrong with her. She tries to tell her parents, who are hardly ever home and have jobs she’s not clear about. Her parents know something, but they won’t tell her. They avoid the questions she throws at them, which frustrates her even more.

As a reader, I love to be surprised, and how Scott finds out about this malicious sorcerer, shocked me. I had to smile at Felicia’s cleverness. Not many books draw a reaction out of me like that and hers did.

When Scott discovers what’s going on, he does everything in his power to protect Olivia. But despite his abilities, Olivia is still vulnerable to this wicked being. So Scott is in a sticky situation where if he swoops in and saves Olivia, she’ll die because of his family curse. But if he doesn’t, her fate might be worse than death.

This book is a quick and easy read. It leaves you hanging to where you have to read the next book. I for one will be reading the next book in this series, and I’m looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks! Hopefully, pretty soon, it'll get a nice facelift and look totally awesome. :)I'm on ParaJunkee's waiting list to have her do her magic here.

    ReplyDelete