Haunted House

8/30/2013 0 Comments


Do you believe in haunted houses? Have you ever had a paranormal experience in a house before? I have, and I’ll tell you a little bit about it.

Here is a picture of the house we lived in that was haunted. As you can see it’s an old picture. In fact, this is the photo my parents found in a real estate magazine. The reason why I’m thinking this is because all the information about the house and how much it cost at the time is on the back of it. This was in the 1970s by the way, and I was quite young.




 
 

Now why would I think this house was haunted? I’ll tell ya why . . .

1.) Things would go missing, but then reappear in the exact spot where it was to begin with.

But that’s kind of lame, right? I mean, humans tend to be dingbats at times so maybe my dad or mom just overlooked it. Okay, that’s a possibility. Let’s move on to the next one.

2.) Weird noises, like the sound of someone taking a metal cup and running it across steel bars: click, click, click, click.

One night our neighbor’s daughter was babysitting my sister and me. She got so scared when she heard the noise that she called her mom over to sit with us.

3.) The shadowed figure floating down the hall. My sister saw a shadowy being go by her room towards mine. I saw it and thought it was a witch. I hopped out of bed, went to her room and crawled into her bed. Since my sister is 4 yrs. older than me, she can remember more of these encounters than I. However, I do recall going into her room, her asking me why I was there, and me telling her I saw a witch.

4.) The spooky basement. Actually, we had a cool basement. It was huge. But I remember not wanting to be down there by myself, and still to this day I have bad dreams about it. The dreams are bizarre and always about a dark realm hidden behind the walls.

*shivers*

My parent’s friend Brent was staying with us and slept in the basement. One night he bolted up the stairs, scared out of his mind. My dad asked him what was wrong, and Brent told him the covers levitated off him. He didn’t go back down there by himself again.

5.) A couple arguing in the kitchen. My mom told me she heard a couple arguing about their seventeen-year-old son in the kitchen and slamming cupboard doors. They got so loud she had to tell them to shut-up.

6.) Speaking of kitchen that reminds me of a story my dad told me. When we moved into this house, they bought a new stove. My mom cooked on it for months until one day it wasn’t working anymore. She called my dad and told him, and he advised her to call the repair guy. She did, the guy came over, and discovered the plug was still wrapped up. Mom gave him a funny look and told him she’d been cooking on that stove for a while now. The repair guy shook his head and told Mom there was no way she used it to cook on. The manufacture’s wrapper was still on the dang plug for crying out loud! Needless to say, she couldn’t convince him otherwise.

7.) The recording. My parents decided to leave a tape recorder on all night. The next morning they played it back, and it sounded like a party was going on in our house.

Craziness.

Anyway, I have no doubt in my mind that house was haunted.

So what about you?

Have you ever lived in a haunted house?

 

 

0 comments: