Interview with #Author Felicia Tatum

Happy Friday, everyone! Today I’m interviewing Felicia Tatum. She has a new book release called, Scornful Sadie.

Hi, Felicia, Thanks for stopping by my blog to chat so me and my readers can get to know you and the type of books you write.

Is Felicia Tatum your actual name or pen name?

Real name

Where are you from?

Born and raised in Tennessee

How old were you when you first started writing and what was your first story about?

I was 12, in history class, and the story was about a British guy named Nick falling for the American girl (obviously, me.)

How long does it take for you to write a complete novel?

Between 1 and 3 months, usually.

Do you draft an outline beforehand?

Most of the time, no, but my most recent release, Scornful Sadie, had me so frazzled from dreams I had to outline.

Do you edit as you write or do you get the tale out in one shot, then go back and do your edits?

Edit as I go.

Do you have a writing schedule?

I try to write every day. That’s about it at this point haha

What made you decide to pick the genre you write in?

The stories just come to me and I write.

How do you come up with your ideas for a story?

Usually from my dreams, sometimes from books I’m currently writing.

How do you market your books?

Facebook, newsletter, twitter, etc. Sometimes I buy ads.

You have a new release out. What it’s called and what’s it about?

Scornful Sadie and it’s a fantasy about a sorceress finding her destiny through a prophecy.

What are your future plans?

To write a kazillion books. Then write some more.

Would you still write and publish books if you knew they weren’t going to sell, regardless of how good they are?

Of course. As long as one person out there wants to read, I’ll publish. Otherwise, I’ll write for myself.

What would you do if you couldn’t be an author?

Umm….I dunno. Maybe run a rescue for animals.

What inspires you?

My daughter.

What are your favorite books?

Anything from Nora Roberts, Richelle Mead, Sarah M. Cradit. I have to have some romance in my stories!

What are your favorite movies and TV shows?

Gilmore Girls, Once Upon A Time, Vampire Diaries, The Originals

Just for fun

If you can spend the day with one person—past or present—who would it be and why?

Colin O’Donoghue from Once Upon A Time…cause I have a massive crush on Hook!

If you had one wish, what would it be? Oh, and no cheating. You can’t wish for more wishes. 

For my writing to be enough to sustain living so I could always do it.

If you came across a time machine and knew it worked, what time period would you go to and why?

I wouldn’t want to go back in time, I’d be afraid I’d mess something up!

What’s your guilty pleasure?

Sweets

If you had to be an animal, what would it be and why?

A big cat! Any of them! Cause kitties cuddle and purr.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want with you?

Things, not people, so I’m going with an endless supply of toilet paper, water, and my writing materials.

What can’t you live without?

My daughter. And electricity.

Okay, I’m done torturing you. LOL

Thank you so much for chatting with me. I enjoyed it.



Where to purchase Scornful Sadie:

B&N: http://bit.ly/1CJa7Jn

Smashwords: http://bit.ly/1cnyV4g

Google Play: http://bit.ly/1F3mAbM


Kobo: http://bit.ly/1Nv6Sk5

iBooks: http://apple.co/1GXKdrp

Where to connect with Felicia:




Where to connect with Felicia:



Author Bio:

Felicia Tatum was born and raised in Tennessee. She always loved reading, and at the age of twelve began writing. Her passion for creating stories grew and in May 2012, she finally wrote her first novel, The White Aura.

She still lives in Tennessee with her daughter and her kitty. She loves cooking, books, and animals are some of her best friends. She watches a lot of Disney channel and often dreams up new book ideas. She's currently working on various projects. She's the author of the White Aura series, Scarred Hearts series, and Intoxicating P

2 comments: