Wonderful Winter Weather

1/09/2012 , , 0 Comments

So far the winter here in North Dakota has been perfect. Right now, we’re usually buried in snow.

Check this picture out.
 

 
 
This is part of our backyard last year. On the left-hand side you can see the handle of my bicycle sticking out.

Crazy, huh?
 
Now, check this picture out.



 
 
 
This is the same part of our backyard as the other picture. I took this picture yesterday. Do you see any snow? (Ignore the junk on the left. That’s from the roofer who is STILL not totally done with our roof). We’re completely snow free. . . . Well, almost completely snow free.

Oh, and that blue cord hanging off the tree is to plug our vehicles in at night when the temperature drops to below zero. When we moved here I didn’t know why there were plugs hanging out the front of people’s vehicles. LOL.
 
The following picture was taken a couple weekends ago when we decided to take a walk along the train tracks, enjoying this wonderful winter weather.
 
 

 
As you can see, there’s a tiny bit of snow there, but not much, which make us very happy. The farmers though, are worried about not having enough moisture for their crops. However, my neighbor told me we’re supposed to get snow in February and March. Hopefully, not a lot, but if we do, at least it’ll just be a couple months of it instead of the usual six we normally get.
 
Anyway, I’m starting to feel like an old person talking about the weather. I just thought I’d share it with you because it has been so nice here and makes us happy. :)

0 comments: