Pondering the Book Trailer

5/07/2012 0 Comments

This past weekend I found a great website that has royalty free pictures I can use, without worrying about copyright issues.

Here’s the website: http://www.sxc.hu/home

I spent five hours on Saturday looking at pictures and saving the ones that caught my attention. Afterwards, I went on another website with music I can download and use for free.

Here’s that website: http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/#

The music is listed in categories: horror, electronic, soundtracks, etc.

I’m still trying to figure out which musical piece to use.

I also spent some time checking out book trailers on YouTube. To be honest, I didn’t find any that wowed me. The ones who actually had a production company do their book trailer were cool. However, I’m not in the position to do that kind of thing. I then began pondering whether I should do this or not. I think I’m going to go ahead and create a book trailer, but if I don’t feel anything while I’m watching it, then I won’t send it out to the world. Because seriously, what I want is a book trailer that will conjure emotions out of the person watching it.

Do you know what I mean?

Like heart pounding, omigod I must check this out.

That’s what I’m aiming for and all the book trailers I checked out didn’t make me feel anything. So we’ll see.

I’m not giving up, but I’m also not going to present something to the world I’m not happy with.

Before I wrote this book, I was wondering what to write (I might have told you guys this before, but I don’t remember), and Kevin told me to write something that scares the crap out of me and could possibly be real. So that’s how, Beyond the Eyes came about. It’s scary, but not jumping in your seat, scary. It’s more like haunting, creepy, skin crawling, scary, where it makes you wonder if it’s true.

At least it does to me.

And that’s what I want to create in my book trailer, damn it.

So I’ll continue working on it this week and see what happens. I’ll letcha know on Friday how it’s coming along. Until then, have a good week and take care. :)

0 comments: