Think About Your Goals and Not Your Problems

I deleted the last post I did because it was too depressing. At least to me it was.
After I had written that post, this was the conversation I had with Kevin:
Kevin: “Are you happy?”
I shake my head
Me:  “No.”
Kevin frowns.
Kevin: “Why?”
Me: “I feel like no matter how hard I try, it’s not enough. And the way this world is, like what happened in Aurora, Colorado, makes me sad. I just don’t understand any of it.”
Kevin: “You know, five hundred years ago, people would get slaughtered for no reason, and it was by a sword, not a gun. Sometimes they’d force a guy into their army and would make him fight for them. So imagine being on a battlefield with just a sword, facing another army you didn’t want to fight, but had to.”
I nod.
Me: “Yeah, I can see what you mean. It’s all a matter of perspective.”
Kevin: “You also need to start thinking about your goals and not your problems.”
Me:  “That’s true. I forgot about that. I will.”
So Kevin jarred me out of my funk, and now I’m back to focusing on my goals and not my problems, although I have to admit, I still feel sad about what happened in Colorado.
Anyway, I thought of something fun to do to help promote my book. I’m not going to say what it is because I’m not sure if I’ll be able to pull it off. I did tell Kevin about my idea. He laughed and told me I have too much time on my hands.
Um, not really. It’s just my creative mind keeps throwing ideas at me. I hope this idea works though, because it would be fun, and I think you guys would get a kick out of it.
Anyway, I have to get back to work. I hope you’re having a good day. J

0 comments: