I Did It!

As you know from my last post, I had a TV interview about my book on Tuesday. Well, the day before, I went to see the doctor because I haven’t been feeling well. Come to find out, I was at the beginning stages of pneumonia, and I was running a fever, which I hardly ever do. But did it stop me from doing this interview?
Hell, no.
I could have easily bailed out. I mean, hey, I basically had pneumonia which was a damn good excuse. I didn’t though. Instead, I ignored how I felt (like dog poo) and faced yet another fear this year.
So how did I do?
I don’t know. . . 

Kevin said I did well. He did tell me I said “—and stuff like that” a lot, and I licked my lips quite a bit. But my mouth was so dry, I couldn't help it.
I could go into detail about this experience because it was bizarre and surreal, but then this post would be too long. So I’ll just tell you the basic stuff.
This was filmed in a warehouse type of setting, but as a TV viewer, you wouldn’t know it.
Oh, and the “green” room is not green—by the way.
There was a black curtain that enclosed the area we were filming in, and tall, blaring lights, and cameras were circled around us. When I looked beyond the cameras and lights, all I could see was pitch black. They had me sit at a high table and introduced me to the person doing the interview. Then they did a quick photo op of me and the interviewer. After that we went over the questions. They noticed how nervous I was and tried to talk me into reading an excerpt from my book. Their thinking on that was it would waste more time because they were concerned I would clam up. But I told them no. They kept pressing me to do it, and I repeatedly answered with a flat out no. Later on, Kevin was like, “Wow. If you don’t want to do something, you’re not going to do it.” And I told him, I said no because the interview was only 20 minutes long, and I knew once I started talking, time would go by quick and it did. In fact, I thought it was a bit rushed.

That’s what concerns me.

I’m afraid I didn’t get what I wanted to say across right because I had to hurry things along.
Do you know what I mean?
And the interviewer kept looking out the corner of his eye because he had an ear piece in where they were telling him how many minutes he had left. He told me ahead of time to ignore him when he did that, but it was hard not to. Every time he did that, I lost my train of thought, and then had to quickly recover myself.

I’m so worried about that.
Anyway, before they started taping the interview, Kevin was ushered into the control room where he watched us live. He said there were TV screens and computer gizmos everywhere. The producer was in there as well, and after the interviewer asked me about my book, the producer looked at Kevin, smiled, and said, “There she goes.” And then, they couldn’t shut me up.

LOL.

When I was asked about my parent’s paranormal investigations, I told the story about investigating our own haunted house because it was the quickest story to tell, but I really wanted to tell the world another one. However, I knew if I were to do so, it would eat up the rest of the time, so I refrained from telling it. I also wanted to go into more detail about my book, but again there wasn’t enough time.
Oh, well.
I'm grateful for having the opportunity to get some exposure for my book. I just hope and pray I did a good job, even though Kevin said I did; otherwise I’m going to be horrified when it comes on in October. Frankly, I don’t know if I’m going to watch it.
Ooops. This post is kind of long, huh?

My bad.
I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Have fun and be safe! J



  




0 comments: