Free YA Paranormal Romance Ebook


Beyond the Eyes is the first book in my YA paranormal romance trilogy. It was chosen by readers as one of the best books in that genre, and the ebook is FREE.

What’s it about?

I’ll tell ya . . .

BLURB:

Paige knows evil exists in this world, but she never imagined it would want something from her.

In the small town of Astoria, Oregon, surrounded by deep forest and endless
mountains, another world thrives . . . a menacing one where dark spirits dwell in soulless humans. Seventeen-year-old Paige Reed lives in this lush, picturesque setting. She’s not your average teen, though she appears to be. She’s been receiving cryptic premonitions from a ghostly voice since the age of four. After she hears a haunting message about herself, supernatural occurrences begin to confuse her.

Nathan Caswell seems to peer into Paige’s soul, evoking a magnetic energy between them they cannot deny. They’re connected. But he’s no ordinary guy. He tracks dark spirits and becomes alarmed when they set their sights on Paige. 

When two power-hungry malevolent beings make demands on her, she realizes then the fate of mankind rest in her hands. Her world quickly turns inside out where the impossible becomes possible, and in the end she’s faced with a life changing decision that will not only alter her existence but the world as she knows it.

Can a deeply troubled teen overcome her own demons in order to fight those lurking about? With the past and present colliding, Paige must make the ultimate mortal choice. Will it be the right one? 

Here's what readers have said about Beyond the Eyes . . . 

"This book was amazing. It was so hard to put it down."
 
"Kept me on the edge of my seat! A great read for those who love the paranormal."
 
"Greatest book I have ever read. It's thrilling, entertaining, and has action. I would stay up day and night reading it. I love it!"
 
"A book worthy of all to read. Could not put it down."
 
 "I loved this book. I couldn't put it down."









You can get the FREE ebook at the following place . . .



EXCERPT:
Nathan had Romulus by the throat. I gasped and clapped a hand over my mouth. Romulus’ eyes were bulging out of their sockets. Wet choking sounds came out of his open mouth, his face turning shades of red and purple.
         
Omigod! Nathan was going to kill him.
         
“Nathan!” I screamed.
           
He whipped his head around, and I winced at the murderous look on his face. He caught my reaction, blinked, and threw him over three cars. My mouth dropped at how far he flew, landing on an old pickup. He slid off, and charged at Nathan. He threw punches, but Nathan’s hands moved and blocked them with ease. I stood in awe, watching his movements blurring before my eyes. Romulus was fast too, but not nearly as fast or strong as Nathan. He threw another punch at Nathan, but Nathan ducked and did a roundhouse kick, slamming a foot into
Romulus’ face, sending him sprawling backward onto the asphalt.
         
“Paige, move away from the car,” Nathan called out, snatching him by the collar of his denim jacket, yanking his wrist behind his back, holding them in a vise grip.
         
I did what he said, and he threw him on top of the hood with a loud thud, smashing his face into it. With his other hand, Nathan gripped the back of Romulus’ neck, pinning him. He bellowed a deep, throaty laugh, his colorless eyes locking onto mine. His bloody lips turned into a sneer, and he hissed through broken teeth.
         
Icy blood flooded my veins. His white eyes totally freaked me out, and I wondered how they changed like that. I took a couple cautious steps back, intimidated by the hatred I saw in them. I mean, why would he want to hurt me? I’d never done anything bad to anybody, and I always went out of my way not to offend or hurt a soul.
         
Nathan applied added pressure. “You will stay away from her!” he said through clenched teeth, surprising me with how angry he sounded.
         
When Romulus spoke, my stomach twisted. His deep voice lashed out with harsh words that sounded similar to the Latin I’d heard when I went to an old Catholic mass with Carrie. It also reminded me of The Exorcist when the priest spoke to the entity inside the little girl.
         
Holy crap! 
         
Was there a demon inside this guy?
           
My heart and lungs froze. I stumbled backward into the car behind me, feeling myself fading into a gray, swirling cloud.
         
“Breathe, Paige,” Nathan’s rough voice ordered. My gaze shifted to Nathan. “Breathe,” he repeated. His anxious eyes and commanding voice jolted me into opening my mouth and
breathing in large quantities of air.
         
Romulus said my name and spit out something in the Latin-sounding language, laughing maniacally. 
         
I didn’t know what he said, but Nathan seemed to understand it, and the expression on his face turned lethal. He grabbed a fistful of hair, yanked back, and bent low so his lips were next to Romulus’ ear. Nathan spoke rapidly.
         
Whatever Nathan said made Romulus scream in horror. And then Nathan did something that totally flabbergasted me. He placed his palm on Romulus’ forehead, and in a strong and powerful voice, he chanted an incantation in Latin. Romulus thrashed his body about, but Nathan’s strength overwhelmed him. He wailed an agonizing screech that echoed all around us. I covered my ears. A cold gust of wind blew passed me, brushing against my cheek, lifting the hair off my shoulder. I shivered, and hugged my arms tightly around myself, unable to tear my eyes away from the body that now lay limp on the hood of my car.
         
Nathan looked up, still holding him down. “Are you okay?”
         
I moved my lips to respond, but no words came out. I wanted to say, “Um, hel-lo. I just witnessed you casting a demon out of some dude and saw how fast and strong you are. What the hell are you?” But I didn’t.
         
Nathan slung the guy over his shoulder. “Stay here. I’ll be right back.”
         
Then he disappeared. But before I could try to rationalize the events, I was in his arms, shaking. He held me and whispered soothing words into my ear. Even though I had no idea how he could do those things or what he was, I felt warm and safe in his arms.





0 comments: