Scattered Thoughts From a Tired Mind

4/30/2012 0 Comments

What do you think of the title? I wrote it because I didn’t get much sleep this weekend, and I figured I’d snatch a few of those scattered thoughts and write them down.

Are you ready?

Let’s see if you can keep up.

*flashes a tired smile*

Last week was ‘Administrative Professional’ week. On Monday, I received flowers and won a six-inch sub, which was cool and yummy. And then on Wednesday, my supervisor (the owner’s wife where I work) and I went to this bar-type lounge here in town where they were giving away door prizes. We also received a free dinner and a drink ticket. The back dining room where we ate must have had sixty plus administrative professionals there as well. I met a few people, though, I can’t remember their names now (I’m terrible remembering names at first), and I won a Biodegradable/ECO-Friendly cleaning kit that came in a cute little carrying bag. I wanted to win the Minnesota Twins tickets so I could give them to my coworker, Bob; however, a girl at my table won them instead. But all and all, it wasn’t bad being there.

When my supervisor had advised me she signed us up for that little shindig, I was hesitant about it. That kind of stuff is not my thing, but I’m also open-minded and almost always willing to try new things, so I went along with it. I’m glad I did because it’s another experience–a memory, I’ll have for the rest of my life.

My computer has been locking up on me so on Saturday I had to get a tech to fix it, which took all morning to do. And then, there was a formatting problem with the edits my editor sent me. I had him go over a rewrite I’d done for, Beyond the Eyes, and over the first chapter of, Dark Spirits. So that took a while to iron out. Needless to say, I didn’t get much accomplished with my writing projects. I’m hoping to finish the last touch-ups on my manuscript this week, get it copyrighted, and send it to my formatting team. My cover artist can’t finish the back cover until the formatting is completed. But things are moving along. Hopefully I’ll have a release date for my book soon, and then you guys will know when it’ll be available.

Work was slow last week, however, this week I have the end of the month and fuel assistance to do, which I’m not looking forward to. But the cool part about where I work is when it’s slow, the owners don’t have a problem with me working on my writing stuff or looking on Facebook.

Yeah, they’re pretty cool, and I’m fortunate to work for them.

So last week I did some research on marketing and a plan on how to get the word out about my book is taking shape.

Well, there you have it. As Forrest Gump would say, "That’s all I got to say about that."

I was thinking about posting my first chapter in this blog, but I’m still debating whether to do it or not.

What do you think?

Do other writers do that?

I know when it goes on Amazon, you can look inside my book and read it, so I don’t know if it would be redundant to also post it here.

Things that make you go, ‘hmmmm.’

I hope you have a good Monday. I’m taking my tired ass to work now.

Thank God for coffee. It always puts a smile on my face. :).
 
 
 

0 comments: