Purpose and Destiny


Lately I’ve been wondering a lot about my purpose in life and destiny.

Do I have a purpose?

Is destiny bullshit?

I don’t know.

The Devil’s Third is going through edits and rewrites right now. I’m excited about this book, and it makes me happy I have fans anticipating its release. I can’t wait to share it with the world. I’m also anxious to write a whole new different series. In fact, I started writing it; however, I need to figure more things out about the story, so I’m doing some research at the moment.

Anyway, I know what makes me happy and what I want, but I wonder if it'll ever happen. I've been working very hard towards my goals, but the results I've been after hasn't manifested, and I'm worried.


Sometimes when I get down about life, picture quotes helps lift my spirit, so here are some, along with my own words to go with them . . .



* I don't do this. I do what I can to achieve my goals, but now a small part of me is wondering if some of our goals will never come into fruition.








* I'm sure it'll all make sense one of these days, but I can't laugh at the confusion. It's not funny. I can't smile through the tears, because I'm sad. I can; however, remind myself that everything happens for a reason. I just hope it'll have a happy ending for me.





* I hope this is true, because I love to write stories. It makes me happy, and I've been working hard at it. Maybe in the end I will be successful at it . . . unless, it's not my purpose or destiny.





* This is true. One of the main reasons why I self-published was because I had to know I could do it all on my own. I could have taken the traditional route, but I had to prove to myself I could do the publishing and marketing thing on my own. I also hate to ask people for things, but through this whole process, I've learned it's okay to ask for help or a favor. What's the worst that can happen? The person says no. Big deal. Move on. It's also true if you don't step forward, you'll always be in the same place. I've met a lot of cool people since I decided to take this route, and I've learned quite a few things as well. None of it would have happened if I fed myself the bullshit story on why I couldn't achieve it, right?


* I think everybody who creates something out of nothing needs to remember this.











* Um, I don't know about this . . . my high calling?











* I truly believe life is about creating yourself.




* Yes, one of the cool things about writing a novel is it'll outlive me. Another cool thing is, two hundred years from now somebody might be reading my words and seeing the word pictures I've created.


* We never know what tomorrow might bring, and this saying is so true. Our life is a book, so even during the boring and sad parts we must keep reading.






* This is a good one. We shouldn't care what other people think, because if we do we become their prisoner. Be your crazy and weird self. Have fun and do the things that make you happy. In truth, your happiness is what really counts, right? If you're not happy, how are you going to truly love? How are you going to learn and grow and create yourself on how you want to become? You can't, and to me those are the reasons why we're all here. So the key to it all is YOUR happiness and MY happiness. Now let's be weird and crazy this weekend and do a lot of laughing and smiling. What do you say . . . are you in?

HAPPY FRIDAY!



 


0 comments: