Making Progress

4/16/2012 , , 0 Comments

This weekend went so fast.

What’s up with that?

I did finish reading my book, however, I need to go through it one last time because the page numbers are off, and I’m a perfectionist when it comes to my work. I want it to be the best it can be. I also managed to work on a marketing plan and even joined Twitter, which was a big step for me since I don’t even own a cell phone.

Yeah, you read that right.

No cell phone.

Kevin doesn’t own one either.

We don’t even know how to use a cell phone. So I’ve been putting off joining Twitter for a long time since I don’t have one or know anything about texting or whatever. I’m just glad I can use Twitter on my PC.

I have a camera that does videos. To be honest, it’s a crappy camera, but it works for now. On Saturday I was messing with the video program because I wanted to take some videos and post it on my blog. So I hopped in my car and filmed where I was going. The video wasn’t too bad, but I think I’ll wait until I make a better one of my town. Unless, you want to see my first attempt at filming where I live. If you do, let me know and I’ll post it here. But my thoughts on doing it was so you could see my world and get to know me better.

Here are the mistakes I made while filming . . .

1.) While I was filming, a cute little yappy dog had escaped his house and ran right in front of my car. It scared the crap out of me. I turned the camera off while I checked to see if the dog was okay. The dog was fine (thank God), but I had to start another video and in the second one you can see that same dog chasing alongside my car.

He was relentless.

I almost called him a little bastard, but said "thing" instead because I was trying to mind my tongue while filming. But afterwards I thought I should just be myself and act how I normally would.

2.) The second mistake I made was calling a grain bin a grain dryer when I drove by it.

Duh!

*slaps hand on forehead*

I don’t know why I said that.

3.) My last mistake I made was trying to film another dog and the camera totally missed him.

Oh, and I didn’t put my seatbelt on so you can hear this, ding, ding, ding, noise.

LOL.

I’ll have to remember to wear my seatbelt the next time I try this.

It’s hard doing a video while driving though. I was going to ask Kevin to drive while I film, but he was busy working on rebuilding our front porch.

Maybe next time. If not, I’ll do it myself.

No big deal.

Anyway, last Friday morning I spoke to our local bookstore owner about my book. I showed her a picture of my book cover and had her read the blurb that will be on the back cover. She was impressed and thought the cover of my book was cool. And, check this out . . .

She’s totally going to support my book by stocking it in her store and getting the word out about it. She also told me I should do a book signing there.

Book signing?

What if nobody shows?

I told Kevin the stories I’ve read about authors sitting for hours in a bookstore and nobody showing up to get their book signed or buy a book.

How embarrassing would that be?

It would be totally embarrassing.

Kevin told me there are two people at his work that would show up because they really want to read my book.

Hmmm. I don’t know. I’ll have to think about it.

Well, it’s about that time to be off to work. I hope you have a wonderful week. I’ll talk to ya on Friday. :)

0 comments: