Now It Begins

6/06/2012 0 Comments

I thought I’d take a quick breather from working on marketing my book to tell you guys what a trip this is. I did three interviews and now I’m waiting to hear back on when they'll be posted. I’m also working on getting more book reviews. I think the hardest part for me is the waiting part.

My paperback is still in the formatting process. There were more formatting kinks that needed to be ironed out, so hopefully I’ll have it back within a couple days. Frankly, I can’t wait to get my ARC/proof copy. I’m so looking forward to holding my book in my hands. :)

So far this week, I posted my book trailer on Youtube, joined Goodreads, uploaded to Smashwords, and created an author profile on Amazon. Not to mention, working on marketing my book.

I don’t mind any of this really because it’s teaching me a lot about the business aspect of it, but the thing that sucks is, I don’t have time to write or go over my second book in this series.

I can’t wait to get back to it.

My characters keep imploring me to write about them, and I have to ignore their chatter.

Yeah, I know. That sounds nutty, but if you’re a writer, you totally know what I’m talking about.

Anyway, I thought I’d pop on really quick to tell you that now it begins. I just pushed the rock over the hill, and I’m wondering what’s going to happen next. I’m on the ledge looking down, watching what this rock I just pushed is going to do while doing the best I can to make it gain speed and alert people to it.

Speaking of alerting, I’ll letcha know when my interviews and book reviews are posted. Right now, though, I need to get ready for bed because I have a day job I have to go to in the morning.

Have a g'nite, and I'll talk to ya soon. :)

0 comments: