This Is My World Lately

Normally, I wouldn’t post this until tomorrow, however, lately nothing has been normal in my life.

Well, if you don’t count the mundane things that most of us have to do on a daily basis: go to work, do dishes, laundry, clean house, grocery shopping, etc.

So this was my world last Wednesday night . . .

I’m on the computer working on marketing my book. It’s 8:30 p.m. Kevin enters the computer room and stands beside me.

Kevin: "You need to eat something."

I’m typing on the computer and don’t even look at him.

Me: "I’ll eat in a few minutes."

Out the corner of my eye, I see him frowning at me.

Kevin: "It’s nice outside. We should go for a walk."

I still don’t look at him because I’m trying to figure stuff out on the website I’m looking at.

Me: "I’d love to take a walk, but I have too much to do, and I’m tired. I haven’t slept well in two days and seriously thinking about buying some brandy to help me sleep."

Side note: I’m not much of a drinker, although I usually have a mixed drink once a week, when we go out. I also don’t mind drinking brandy from time to time, and had discovered that it does help you sleep when desperate times calls for it.

Kevin leaves the room, and I continue working on marketing my book. A half hour later, he steps back in the room and lingers by the door.

Kevin: "Are you going to eat?"

I wave a hand in the air, still staring at the computer.

Me: "I’ll grab a granola bar in a minute."

He goes into the other room and about twenty minutes later, I emerge out of the computer room, grab a granola bar, and get back at it.

That’s how it’s been at my house lately. I’m doing everything in my power to spread the word about this book. I have two people who are reading it right now and will do a book review on it. I also did another interview last night, however, that interview won’t be up until August. I’ve contacted more than a handful of people, asking if they’d do a book review on my book. I’m hoping they’ll contact me back, but the thing I’m learning is, not everyone will respond and some won’t follow through. All I can do is the best I can and keep plugging away at it. I did join quite a few websites to help spread the word. Here they are . . .

Goodreads, Pinterest, Shelfari, The Indie View, BookDaily, World Literary Café, Manic Readers, and Author Marketing Club.

So yeah, I’ve been super busy with marketing this book. But that’s okay. I have a love affair with the, Beyond the Eyes series, and I believe strongly in it. If I didn’t, I would have abandoned it a long time ago.

Oh. I don’t have a Facebook author page up. I’m still wondering if I should do it or not. Also, my paperback is taking longer than expected because my team and I want to make sure it’s perfect.

Now, I must get back to marketing this book before this day escapes me.

1 comment:

  1. I just made my Facebook author page yesterday :) It's exciting!! I'll help you promote it as much as possible and I'll review it sooner, if you'd like :) I'm wanting to do two interviews a month or so. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete