Book Feature: A New Beginning The Second Chance Series Book One by Christina Escue

Check this book out. It sounds really good. 


Book Blurb:

For the first thirteen years of her life Karla Hall never knew what was going to happen next. Her mother moved her from town to town, following whatever loser boyfriend she had at the time and drinking away what little money she made in whatever dead-end job she could fine. Her mother was a mean drunk and Karla was always her target. The boyfriends were worse.

On her fourteenth birthday Karla’s life takes a drastic turn. Her mother is arrested for soliciting drugs, the current boyfriend takes off and Karla is all alone in a dump of an apartment with no food and no money.

Caught shoplifting food, Karla is taken into the system and that’s where she meets The Peterson’s. They’re an upper-middle class couple who cannot have children of their own and they offer Karla a stable home, a new beginning.

Now Karla is trying to adapt to this new life and praying she gets to keep it.




Author Bio:

Hello everyone. I want to take a minute to introduce myself. I’m a 34 year old mother of two beautiful daughters, ages 11 and 7, and they are my life. I live in Tennessee, about 25 miles East of Nashville and have lived here most of my life. I love Tennessee.

I started reading when I was four years old and have always been an avid reader. In July of 2013 I started editing professionally and I love it. I always saw myself as a fixer, not a creator, until one day I was at work, not editing but my other job, and an idea for a story popped into my head, and I couldn’t get it out. That’s how A New Beginning was born.





0 comments: