How I Set My Goals For The Week



I know.

It’s Monday.

Again.

But do you know what that means? It means a new start to a new week. It’s all a matter of perspective. You can look at Monday as a start to another hell week or an opportunity to set goals you want to accomplish for the week.

It’s all a matter of perspective.

At the end of 2017, I knew I needed to accomplish a lot this year in order to create the life I want to live. I needed something to help me organize my weekly goals, so I bought this day planner. It has helped me out in more ways than one.

I knew I needed to accomplish a lot this year in order to create the life I want to live.

It’s a great weekly and monthly planner. Every Sunday I take it out and write down my weekly goals and notes. There are also sections for each day so I’ll write what I want to accomplish on Monday such as posting on social media, go through emails, write a blog post, etc. On Monday night I’ll read through my list and check off the things I've accomplished that day, and then I’ll move onto Tuesday and write down my goals for Tuesday.

Meals-Exercise-Inspiration-Notes-Memories-Ideas-Gratitude

These are included in each weekly plan which is great because it helps me remember what I want to do that week, like try a new recipe or if I see something creative I want to do, I'll write it down under ideas. I also write under notes the things I’ll want to check on next year, like what the weather was like during that month.

Btw, I’m not an affiliate for this day planner. Just in case you’re wondering.

There’s also a vision board for each month and a week 1-4 section to break down your monthly goals into tangible tasks. Honestly, I’m good at filling in the first week, but then I forget about it. I do find myself at times behind in entering my daily goals because life gets in the way, but I’ll regroup and get back at it. I can proudly say, though, since I started this day planner, I’ve accomplished a lot.

Speaking of accomplishing a lot, I got a lot done this weekend thanks to planning and following through. We went to the landfill and emptied our trailer that was full of leaves, branches, etc. We finished renovating our enclosed porch. Finally! I discovered I’m not good at taping. Kevin told me it was practice for when we remodel our RV. We also stained the logs on our house and was thrilled with how they turned out.


I got a lot accomplished, thanks to planning and following through.

So yesterday evening I planned out my week in my trusty day planner. Instead of groaning about another Monday, I’m looking forward to accomplishing my goals because it means I’m one day closer to living the life I want.  


0 comments: