Next Week Is Spring And You Know What That Means, Right?

The snow is melting . . . slowly but surely.

This is what I posted on Instagram yesterday.



If you want to follow me on Instagram to know what I'm up to. You can follow me here: https://www.instagram.com/authorrebekkahford/

So next week is spring and it's supposed to be in the 40s which means more snow melting.

Yay!

And what this means to me is we get to start working on Aesop A.K.A. RV.






I'm so excited to get this going.

BUT.

I personally won't be able to work on it with my own two hands for a while. Here's a basic lineup that we have for Aesop.

1.) Kevin needs to fix the ignition switch and get a new battery.

2.) Get a tune-up and have it mechanically gone through to make sure everything is in working order. Hopefully, all will be good.

3.) Get new tires put on and a new spare.

4.) Get new front seats.

5.) Bring Aesop home and put a new furnace in.

6.) See if we need a new air conditioner. If so, we'll have to buy and install a new one.

7.) Generator. A mechanic we know has our genny right now. He knows how to rebuild them, so that's what he's doing. Once he's done, he'll install it for us.

8.) We need to make sure everything works inside the RV ie: fridge, stove, etc.

9.) Solar panels and a battery system to accommodate it. We know NOTHING about solar panels, however, I'm part of a solar energy group on Facebook, and the guy who runs it is an expert on solar energy. He installs solar panels on other people's rigs for a living. I'll be going to him when we get to this point.

10.) After we install the panels, we'll need to put some kind of sealant on the roof. Kevin was talking about something like that, but I can't remember exactly what he called it.

 Now for the fun part.

Inside renovation!

11.) Rip up the carpet, paint, put blinds and curtains up, lay new flooring down, build some shelves.

I need shelves for my books ya know.

And blah, blah, blah, blah.

After that, we should be done.






I'm sure, though, there will be some surprises along the way. But that's the basic outline of what we have planned for our RV. 

It's going to be a lot of hard work but worth it in the long run.

I'll be taking before and after pictures to share with you. I'll also be filming it for our future Youtube channel.

Have a good one.




#daretolive



0 comments: