Fun, Happy, Memories.

I thought I’d take a break from blogging about my book and post about some of my early, fun, happy, childhood memories. Every time I think of the following stuff, it always puts a smile on my face . . .
 
 
 
 
I loved, loved, loved, my big wheel. I miss my big wheel. Back then, we didn’t have to wear a helmet or knee pads. Sure, we got banged up a little from doing death-defying stunts like skidding across the road and going down steep hills, but we’re still alive. We might have battle scars from those stunts, but so what. Those scars have a cool ass big wheel story behind them. It reminds us of a much better time when kids would play outside until the street lamps came on and we weren’t so restricted like we are now.
 
 
 
 
When Star Wars came out, I was four-years-old. My dad took me and my sister to see it, and like the rest of the world, I was in total awe. For Christmas, I got a bunch of Star Wars toys, which included the Death Star Space Station. My dad still has it, along with the Star Wars case and figures. I remember playing with my Star Wars stuff for hours because I thought it was so cool. And guess what? I still do.
 

 
I loved Burger Chef and always got a happy meal. It came with a toy and had cool stuff on the box. So heck, yeah, I'd get a happy meal. Oh, and yes, I’m a Star Wars fan. However, I’m a fan of the original one. I didn’t care for the prequels.
 
 

 
My dad used to take my sister and me to Friendly’s. I loved Friendly’s. The only thing I didn't like was afterwards, my dad would pull his handkerchief out of his pocket, spit on it, and then wipe the ice cream off my face.

Yuck!

*makes a face*

Did your dad ever do that to you?

As you can probably tell, all these fond memories are with my dad, but that's because. . . Well, he's a big kid (maybe that's why I'm like that too and write YA books), and he's fun to be around.

So there you have it, some of my early, fun, happy, childhood memories. When I think about that time, it always puts a smile on my face: toys, cool movies, yummy food and ice cream. Yup, I think those things would put a smile on anybody’s face. :)

0 comments: