Ghost Haunting

Yay! I was finally able to get on Blogger tonight. I don’t know what happened, but I’m so glad it’s working now. :)

Oh! Have you guys ever heard of the ‘walking taco?’ It’s one of the coolest ideas ever. You take a grab bag of Doritos, crunch the bottom of the bag up with your hand, cut the top of the bag off, put lettuces, taco meat, onions, taco sauce, black olives, tomatoes, and cheese on it. And then you get a fork and can walk around with it without having mess.

Pretty cool, huh?

I never heard of a ‘walking taco’ until we moved here to North Dakota.

Now, moving on to what I had planned to post yesterday . . .

As most of you know, I grew up in a family that dealt with the paranormal, and although my parents had gone their separate ways when I was eight, the paranormal world still remained a constant in our household. I have no doubt in my mind that is why I love writing and talking about the supernatural world. And what is cool is, I can take my experiences and weave it into my stories. It’s kind of comical though, I fell in love and married a person who is totally not into this type of thing. It’s not like Kevin doesn’t believe in this stuff, but his argument is this: why go there? There’s too much going on in this world, and if we were to focus our energy on the supernatural world, we could easily slip into Peter Pan land and would want to stay there because it would be much more interesting than the mundaneness of our daily life.

True. I can understand that, however, my comeback to his argument is this: if you’re a logical, levelheaded person who can still live your daily life and not fall into the trap or allow your mind to be easily swayed into living a hocus pocus life, then why not? But what I appreciate about Kevin is he doesn’t expect me to mold my ideas and beliefs to his. He doesn’t want me to, which is a good thing because there’s no way I would anyway, and he respects the fact I’m my own person. Granted, it would be awesome if he were into it, but I could understand his beef about it.

Anyway, I ran across this video of a shadow person or spirit and wanted to share it with you. When I was very young, we lived in a house that was haunted. I remember this one night, I went into my sister’s room and crawled into her bed. She asked me what was wrong, and I told her I saw a witch. Before I had done that, my sister had seen a shadowy figure go down the hallway towards my room. Of course, being as young as I was, for some reason I thought it was a witch. Maybe because I used to have the same dream over and over again of being in the woods and seeing a figure wearing a cloak, beckoning me towards it.

Weird, right?

So check out this video. I had to post the link because the video won't post here.

http://dai.ly/a4kdxk

So what do you think? I know a lot of videos tend to be bogus, however, this one reminded me of the shadowy figure in our house, and of other ones I've seen throughout my life. I could even go as far as to say it was a dark spirit from my Beyond the Eyes series. But there's more to it than that, and those who have already read my book know what I'm talking about.

*grins*

Talk to ya later.

*waves*


                                                           

2 comments:

  1. I've seen shadow people before so I do believe they are real but this video looks fake to me. Shadow people rarely stick around for long. Also, the camera is pointed directly to the figure, usually a sign a video is faked. The spooky music and intro don't exactly convince me either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was wondering about that too, Alyson. When I saw it though, like I said earlier, it reminded me of the shadow people I've seen throughout my life. And you have a valid point about the spooky music. LOL. I mean, if I had recorded a spirit/shadow person on video, I wouldn't attach creepy music to it. It's almost like the person who shot that video, is trying to convince the viewers it's real. If it's real, you wouldn't have to try and convince people, right? Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete